Friday, March 15, 2013

Contest - Free Movies

Reviewing movies turned out to be a pretty awesome idea. While I still haven't managed to get an invitation to a private screening of, well, anything at all, I am starting to get noticed. A couple weeks ago, this lady from Redbox emailed me and said I could have 25 codes for free Redbox rentals so that I could give them out to my readers. I have been renting movies like crazy!

Too bad the codes don't work for videogames. Wish I had figured that out before I kept Barbie Adventures for a week and a half.

So anyway, then another lady says she'll send me some codes and I was like 'yes! This racket is SWEET!' But instead of bogarting the whole pack for myself, I thought I would have a contest and let someone else rent some movies. I can only rent Avengers so many times before someone starts to question why I would bother, especially since I own it.

Here's how this will work. You send me an email. Tell me you want a code. Then next Friday (or somewhere in the vicinity of the 22nd of March), I'll pick 25 names at random and email them a code and a dirty joke. You can delete the dirty joke, if you want, but hang on to the code because you'll need it when you rent a movie.

Just to clarify, I have absolutely no idea how you use these codes. I haven't actually rented anything from Redbox in a long time, because I have HBO and On Demand and it's way too easy to watch a movie without even leaving my living room. Plus I can't find the remote for the BluRay player. But probably you plug in the code at the Redbox site and then they reserve the movie and you can watch it for free, as long as you get it back to the vending machine outside the Piggly Wiggly before nine the next night. Otherwise you probably have to pay for your movie and your laziness.

My email is below. I'll sit patiently waiting for your emails to come pouring in, showering me with requests for codes that will save you a whole dollar. And you know what? Even if you don't want a code, email me anyway and ask for one. Who knows, you may win a dirty joke in your email. If I don't get 25 people who want to save a dollar on an inconvenient way to rent a movie, I'm going to be very disappointed.

Here's my email:

matt@vixentorgames.com

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Free stuff is good, sent my email.