Thursday, May 1, 2008

So Very Sleepy


The upside to being the only writer at a review site is that I'm able to manage all the content, say whatever I want, and take all the kudos when it goes well. The downside is that if I don't write the review, nobody does.

Take tonight, for instance. Usually, I write my reviews on Sunday night, Tuesday night and Thursday night, so I can have them ready Monday, Wednesday and Friday mornings. But last night I got three hours of sleep thanks to a case of particularly abusive heartburn, and I'm far too tired to think coherently enough to write an entertaining review. Usually I like to astound you with my scalpel-sharp wit; tonight I feel about as sharp as a rubber chicken.

So to all the people who check in faithfully three times a week, I'm afraid all you get to entertain you this Friday is a crappy note about how you won't be entertained this Friday. But I'll write a review tomorrow night, and I'll make it extra good, just to make up for making you wait.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wait, so you are saying you actually put an effort into writing these reviews?!?
(Where is that devil smiley when you need one?)

Matt Drake said...

I know I make it look easy, but yeah, they take me a little while.