Friday, March 2, 2012

Announcement - Next Week's Menu

Burning Down My House was a crappy enough game that I was really hoping there would not be an expansion. But when the fire took out all my games, it also took out my cushion - the pile of games that I had in reserve, giving me a few weeks of time where I wasn't desperate for a box of stuff just so I would have something to write about. And now I'm out. It's not like I have games I haven't played yet, either - I'm completely out (OK, I do have a pile of RPGs, but it's going to be a while before I can finish reading one).

So to buy myself a little time, and because I would rather waste pixelated breath than take a week off, I'm going to spend all three updates next week talking about something near and dear to my heart - television.

That's right, next week, all my reviews will discuss TV shows. But because my crappy rent house doesn't have cable, all the shows I review next week will be stuff that you could watch on Netflix.

Now, you might protest. You might say, 'but I don't have Netflix!' And my answer will be, 'then don't read Drake's Flames next week, unless you want to see if I can figure out a way to get boob jokes into a TV review.' Because, see, I do have Netflix, and it's just about the only way I have to watch anything at all. And honestly, I would rather have some way to stream old shows than cable, so that's what I recommend, and that's what I'll review.

Now, you might really enjoy reading about television programming, but if you're not all that thrilled to see my game review site spend a week not talking about games, then throw me a bone here. If you know of a game company that needs a game reviewed, give them my name, or give me theirs and I'll write them myself. If you ARE a game company, drop me an email (the address is in my profile) and send me some free games so that I can talk about them.

In the meantime, I'm going to dedicate this weekend to seriously spooling through some streaming TV, and the entire time I'm watching, I'll be thinking this poignant thought:

"Maybe I shouldn't have pissed off Fantasy Flight."

3 comments:

Unknown said...

One of my wife's and my favorite Netflix shows is Flashpoint A canadian SRU/SWAT team. Check it out see what you think.

"Game Show Man" Joe Van Ginkel said...

As a diehard fan myself, I second "Flashpoint." A cut above the average police drama, and Amy Jo Johnson is MILF-age.

Matt Drake said...

I tried Flashpoint, and just couldn't get into it at all.